5 day Oman Mountain, Desert, Sea Private Tour
5 Days 4 Nights Private Program with Daily Departure
Day 1 Arrival
Arrival at Muscat International Airport then meet and assist transfer to your hotel. Check-in then rest of day at leisure. Overnight: Al Falaj Hotel 4*
Day 2 Heritage and Grand Canyon Experience
After breakfast, check out and, at 0800, you’ll be met by your English speaking guide in the hotel lobby for a full day tour. Travel via Fanjah and the Sumail Gap to reach Nizwa, the ancient capital of Oman. Nizwa clusters around its historical buildings, traditional Souk and the imposing circular-towered fort built during the mid-17th century by Imam Sultan bin Saif Al Yar’ubi. At the Souk, built in traditional style, you will find exquisite silver jewellery, intricately hand-made “Khanjars” (daggers), copper and other handicrafts. After visiting the fort and Souq, you will start your journey towards the mighty Jabal Shams. Break for an early lunch at a local restaurant (cost excluded).
After reaching the region of Al Hamra you see the old abandoned Persian village of Ghul. Then visit Misfat Al Abrein, a picturesque village strapped to the side of a mountain. As you walk around this beautiful village where time has come to a standstill, you will be moved by the simplicity and friendliness of the people. Ascend to Jebel Shams, Oman’s tallest peak at 10,000 feet. From the rim of the canyon you can see Nakhr village, 2 kms directly below. You will meet the Shuwawis (mountain people) hawking blankets and carpets. Later descend and see the beautiful mountain sunset before returning to Nizwa. Check-in at your hotel and enjoy the evening at leisure. Overnight: Golden Tulip Nizwa Hotel 4* (B)
Day 3 Old Ruins – Wadi Fun – Desert Adventure
After breakfast check out and start your journey towards the mighty Wahiba Sands. Proceed to the ruins of Al Mansfah, located in Ibra, an old town famous for its mosques and castles. Ibra is also one of the oldest cities in Oman and was once a centre of trade, religion, education and art. Later, drive towards enchanting Wadi Bani Khalid, one of Oman’s most scenic wadis. We’ll drive past the village’s endless date palm plantations to reach the magnificent cool, deep and absolutely stunning pools with their crystal clear waters. Break for lunch at a local restaurant (cost excluded) before continuing to majestic Wahiba Sands, a romantic desert with rolling sand dunes varying from deep red to a rich honey colour and stretching as far as the eye can see. Enjoy some dune bashing over the mighty sand hills before checking in at the Safari Desert Camp where you will experience a traditional BBQ style dinner at the camp under the starlit sky. After, you may drive up to a high rise dune to witness the beautiful desert sunset. Overnight: Safari Desert Camp (B/D)
Day 4 Wahiba – Sur – Coastal Road – Muscat
After breakfast check-out and return to Muscat via the coastal road. First, drive to the old African port of Sur and visit the famous Dhow building yards where these traditional boats are built by hand by expert craftsmen without the aid of drawings. Continue along the scenic coastal road and visit Wadi Tiwi, known for its scenic location and great surrounding landscape. After breaking for a picnic lunch en route, drive past Fins Beach – one of Oman’s most beautiful white sandy beaches and a popular camping spot. Next stop is at the Bimah sink hole, a geological formation and natural wonder. Later, proceed through the town of Quriyat to reach Muscat by early evening. Check-in at the Al Falaj Hotel. Rest of the evening on your own at leisure. Overnight: Al Falaj Hotel 4* (B/PL)
Day 5 Departure
Breakfast at hotel then transfer to Muscat International Airport for your departure flight. (B) End of Tour
- Accommodation (or similar) as mentioned in the itinerary in standard rooms
- 3 days guided tour by 4WD and airport transfers by saloon car or 4WD
- All tours with the assistance of English speaking guide cum driver
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B – breakfast, PL – Picnic Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Entrance fees to Nizwa Fort
- Soft drinks and bottled water during all the tours
- Guide meals and accommodation during the tour
- Applicable taxes and fuel costs
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Visa fees
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- All services are subject to availability at the time of actual booking
- Rates are subject to festival/holiday supplements during eg Eid, Christmas, New Year etc.
- Mandatory Christmas Eve and New Years Eve dinner supplements apply at Al Falaj and Golden Tulip Hotels
- Normal hotel check-in time 1400, check out time 1200. Early check-in or late checkout subject to availability and cost
Program is operated daily on a private basis and can be adjusted as necessary.
Validity: SAMPLE PROGRAM – PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE NOW!!!
For further tour information or to book a tour, please contact Timeless Tours.
- We reserve the right to change all prices and programs without notice
- All prices are per person unless otherwise stated
- All prices on this website are in Australian Dollars unless otherwise stated